Sunday, June 15, 2008

Istan-Bull at Euro 2008!

No champagne and prostitutes tonight in Geneva. Just Milan Baroš picking up a needless yellow card from the sidelines.

Yes, there's lots of blame to go around as the Czech Republic's national soccer team goes from advancing to a very winnable quarterfinal game against surprising Croatia to going straight back to Ruzyně airport. In the space of oh, say, 3 rainy minutes or so.

All credit to Turkey, who battled all the way back from a 2-0 deficit in the last 15 minutes to steal the victory and turn my predictions of the Czechs winning the whole tournament into a foolishly optimistic shambles.

I'll probably blog some of the absurd post-game reactions later. But for now, need I mention that when I look at Trix and Flix now, it seems that they are laughing at me? Mockingly.

Istanbul photo by Flickr user oberazzi used under a Creative Commons license.

No comments: